- This award is designed for those who have completed the Level 1 Introduction To Resistance Training course and wish to further their knowledge of training with free weights and resistance machines.
- A two day course.
- Aligned to the NVQ/SVQ Level 2 Exercise and Fitness Coaching Qualification and as such can prepare candidates to meet the requirements for the NVQ/SVQ Level 2 assessment.
Who should go on this course?
- This course is intended for anyone intending to study for the NVQ/SVQ Level 2 Exercise & Fitness Coaching qualification.
- Anyone wishing to enrol on this course should be physically fit and able to engage in light forms of exercise.
What does the course cover?
- Principles & variables of fitness
- Warm up, main work out & cool down.
- The use of exercise machines, cardio vascular equipment and free weights.
- Teaching Methods & the benefits of exercise
- Aspects of safety.
- Basic Anatomy: Structure and function of the skeleton, range of movement at joints & the effect of exercise.
- Basic Physiology: Muscle contraction, major muscle groups, effects of exercise on muscles.
- Basic cardio circulatory & respiratory systems: Aerobic & anaerobic systems and requirements for exercise.
- Components for fitness: Health related cardiovascular endurance, strength, muscular endurance and flexibility.
What resources are available?
- Course Workbook
- Access to free weights and resistance machines
- Anyone wishing to attend this course must have completed the Level 1 – Introduction to Resistance Training Course within 2 years of enrolment.
What should I expect?
- Two full days (9am-5pm)
- A mixture of classroom and practical sessions.
- Due to the nature of the course there will be an element of physical activity involved so dress appropriately.
- If you cannot take part in any physical activity for medical reasons please make the course leader aware of this at the start of the day.
- You will be expected to engage actively in all sessions throughout the day.
What do I need to bring?
- You will be provided with a course workbook to record any learning from the day so you only need to bring a pen. It would be useful to bring a drink as we cannot guarantee access to refreshments at all venues. Please note that lunch is not provided.