The responsibilities of the BWL Divisions are:
- To promote and encourage the activities of British Weight Lifting.
- Encourage the use of weights asa means of improving well being.
- Promote the teaching of Weightlifting and weight training in schools, educational eshtablishments, youth clubs, sports centres, the services and any place physical education is performed.
- Train and instruct members in the technical rules of BWL and organise courses to enable mambers to obtain relevant certificates.
- Train and instruct teachers, instructors, youth leaders etc to the standards laid down by the BWL and to organise and run courses in order that members might obtain relevant BWL qualifications.
- Promote all competitions requested by BWL.
- Produce a divisional newsletter.
- Observe the Memorandum and Articles, Bye Laws and Rules governing performances of BWL.