This award is intended for those engaged in providing instruction in weight training and the basic principles and development of weightlifting.
Who should go on this course?
Those interested in coaching weightlifting as a sport, as well as professionals and coaches in the fitness and sporting industries who wish to teach weightlifting and weight training to clients and participants to improve strength, power and balance. All candidates should be able to engage in light forms of exercise.
- The role of a coach
- Practical coaching
- Fundamental Olympic LIfting exercises
- Teaching the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk
- Simple training schedule construction
- A guide to safety in weightlifting
- Weightlifting for children
- Weightlifting competition rules
What should I expect?
Two full days of a mixture of practical and theory work. Due to the nature of the course there will be an element of physical activity involved so please dress appropriately. You will be expected to participate actively throughout the day.
Prior to the course you will receive a course handbook with some pre-course material, please complete this before attending the course.
- Practical assessment: candidates will demonstrate the ability to teach one or more of the basic exercises and the Clean & Jerk
- Theory paper: a 1 hour written paper on course material.
How to apply
£220 for BWL members, £250 for non-members