Guidelines to the BWL School & College Block Membership
Following the success of the 2012-2013 School Block Membership, British Weight Lifting are continuing the programme for the 2013-2014 academic year and expanding the program to include colleges.
Schools and colleges can register an unlimited number of students who are taking part in any weight related activity. This could be Olympic weightlifting, weight training or Crossfit style activities. Students taking part in Olympic weightlifting will gain eligibility to compete in local and regional level competitions plus the British Schools Championships. Students taking part in weight training will be given access to the BWL Strength & Functional Movement Program where they can set goals and track their progress in safe weight training.
- The program is £40 annually, for this fee the school or college can register an unlimited amount of student weight lifters but they must be registered on the Excel spreadsheet and returned by email to the BWL office.
- Each club has received an excel spreadsheet to register students, including name, school year, BME and disability details. BWL must have the students’ name and school year at the very least and we would very much appreciate any disability or BME information relating to the registered students.
- Schools and colleges will receive a spreadsheet of students membership numbers and referees will request to see these before a student takes part in any BWL competition.
- School/college block members are eligible to compete in: BWL Development Cups, BWL British Schools Championships, BWL British Colleges and University Championships and also local and regional level junior competitions.
- School/college block members are not eligible to compete in any BWL U17 competitions and above (with the exception of the BWL British Schools & Colleges Championships).
- In order to compete in BWL u17 and above, school pupils must become a full member of a BWL affiliated club.
- All students competing in any school/college block eligible events must have confirmation of agreement from their school on school letter headed paper and this should be submitted with their entry form to the competition manager for that event.
- All school/college block members will also be eligible to take part in BWL Incentive Schemes e.g. the BWL Strength & Power Series and BWL Strength & Functional Movement program.
All students will receive an individual membership number so that they can compete in BWL incentives and competitions. The school/college will also receive an official certificate of affiliation and the BWL monthly newsletter in which all BWL Clubs are eligible to feature! Competition results and reports will also feature in the newsletter and on the BWL website.